“Helping aviation professionals make informed decisions for more than 25 years”
WYVERN Ltd. provides the most comprehensive standard available in the industry today. WYVERN qualifies far fewer airplanes and crews under its standard compared to the competition and we think that’s a good thing.
WYVERN does not give a blanket approval of a charter operator. Instead, the company assists The Flight Department in conducting a focused evaluation on the crew, the plane, the operation, and the destination for a specific trip on a specific day.
The WYVERN standard resonates with us. Our founder, Brian subscribes to the WYVERN Standard so completely that he has served as a voting member on their customer advisory board for nine years.
- A WYVERN-recommended trip contains five main components. If any one component fails to meet the standard, then the trip is not WYVERN recommended.
- The air carrier needs to have undergone and passed an onsite safety audit in the last 18 months.
- The aircraft is recommended based on records, insurance and whether there is a qualified crew for the aircraft.
- The Pilot-in-Command must meet or exceed WYVERN’s stringent experience requirements.
- The Second-in-Command must meet or exceed WYVERN’s stringent experience requirements.
- The trip dynamics must fall in line with the operator’s operating specifications as well as any further WYVERN restrictions such as mountain airport restrictions.
Note: WYVERN was founded in 1991 by a group of safety-focused professionals, developed the wingman standard for rigorous vetting of air charter operators, and are a globally-recognized organization. Visit www.wyvernltd.com